Resources: Social Media and Business
- Dave Knox: Hard Knox Life, Brand Management Blog. Dave does social media marketing for Proctor & Gamble.
Articles about Social Media
The following resources are listed in reverse chronological order — the most recent are at the top of the list.
- Shel Israel: "So you don't think Twitter is for B2B?" December 13, 2009
- Diane Mermigas: "Social Media Is the New Mass Media" MediaPost, December 11, 2009
- Cynthia Dizikes: "Survey: 58 percent of teens would consider access to social network sites when accepting job offer" Chicago Tribune, December 10, 2009
- David Eldridge: "Tweet Or Fall: 'Social Media Is Firms' Key'" Sky News, December 10, 2009
- Jenn Riggle: "No Pain, No Gain: Lessons Learned From My Year With Twitter" The Buzz Bin, December 10, 2009
- Brian Solis: "In Social Media, It’s Not Just Business, It’s Business-To-Business" December 10, 2009
- J.D. Lasica: "Cisco: ‘Why vlogging is better than blogging’" Socialmedia.biz, December 9, 2009
- Dirk Smillie: "Journalism's Hottest Job: Social Media Director" Forbes, December 9, 2009
- Mark Walsh: "Survey: Most CMOs To Boost Social Media Budgets In 2010 (And It Had Better Pay Off)" MediaPost, December 9, 2009
- Manish Mehta: "Isn't the Value of Social Media What Business Is All About?" Huffington Post, December 8, 2009. Mehta is VP, Social Media and Community, at Dell. He thinks that "social media isn't a means to further a corporation's strategy, it's a means to help determine it." The comments following the article are important, and additional responses to what he wrote are here.
- Josh Catone: "How to Use Social Media to Retain Customers" Open Forum, December 4, 2009
- Kermit Pattison: "How to Market Your Business With Facebook" New York Times, November 11, 2009
- Jeffrey Zaslow: "The Greatest Generation (of Networkers)" Wall Street Journal, November 5, 2009
- Guy Kawasaki: "Twitter Cluelessness" Open Forum, October 26, 2009
- Robert D. Hof: "Betting on the Real-Time Web" BusinessWeek, August 6, 2009
- Howard Rheingold: "Twitter Literacy" City Brights, May 11, 2009
Allied Internet Productions, Inc.
Copyright © 2010 Allied Internet Productions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved